Tuesday, July 25, 2006

The desk

I am at work and we had rearranged so we could move a new desk in. Both glass doors are open and the desk is huge and we keep trying to get it in the door. Katy shows up and ends up passing out. So we call 911 and the EMT’s show up and say her kidneys are failing and they have to put her on dialysis. I go and get Dad from his office and he tells me he is too busy and can’t be bothered with customer nonsense I tell him what happened and he says that is a good enough reason to leave his office. So they fly Katy to El Paso. I show up to get instruction and to tell her not to worry about Freckles and Rio that I would take them over to our house until she gets home. But she wants me to take them to a doggy day care instead. So I say ok but I don’t understand. I go to the little cafĂ©/bookstore and buy a newspaper for her, but I cna not get out of the store. There is a ramp by the door made of wood. It is so smooth and polished that I keep slipping each time I try to walk up it. I look around and all the store employees are watching me. So I try again and again, until another customer comes and shows me another door to get out with. This woman and I are talking on our way to the bathroom and I am telling her how angry I was at the employees cause they didn’t tell me about the other door and were just getting a kick out of watching me. I go into the restroom, which is very narrow. I try to wash my hands but there is not enough room for this lady and me so I head back to Katy’s room.

0 comments: