Friday, July 01, 2005

About this blog

I decided to start a new blog. One that will mostly be for my dreams, a dream journal if you will, but it will also include some poetry, short stories and artwork other then my stain glass. That is when I get around to having the time to work on that stuff.

My dreams are always in color and almost always a detailed full blow story line. I have had a few dreams in my life that were so vivid that I can remember them today. Which at some point I will relate to you. This blog will contain the other stuff since it usually just comes to me. Without me really thinking about them. In fact when I try to focus on them it tend to be a bust.

I might also analyze my dreams but that will depend on how my time frame is going. I have always enjoyed psychology and I miss it since it is not an aspect of my work anymore.

What is consciousness? Williams James (1842-1910) defined it as the “function of knowing.” I personally like this definition better then others since we are only aware of what our current thought is and not the function of our body or items around us unless we focus on it.

But then there are also different levels of consciousness such as drug induced, hypnosis, meditation, biofeedback (previous experience affecting current behavior), Parapsychology (ESP, etc.) Sensory deprivation, and sleep & dreams. I may touch on these from time to time but mostly will be focusing on dreams.


But anyway here is my dreams so laugh, cry, think I am weird it is all good.

0 comments: